Welcome to the Ouse and Adur Rivers Trust
The Ouse & Adur Rivers Trust (OART) was formed in 2011 from the amalgamation of the Sussex Ouse Conservation Society and the River Adur Conservation Society. It is a registered charity and a member of the national body now known as The Rivers Trust (formerly the Association of Rivers Trusts).
OART is dedicated to the environmental protection and enhancement of the Sussex River Ouse, the River Adur, their tributaries and impoundments.
The activities of the Ouse & Adur Rivers Trust are diverse and include but are not limited to:
- River restoration projects
- Provision and easement of fish passage
- Riparian habitat restoration, enhancement & creation, including floodplain woodland planting
- Partnership working with the Environment Agency and other organisations on riverine projects
- Biological and chemical monitoring of water quality
- Walkover River Habitat Surveys as the basis for catchment restoration plans
- Sea trout monitoring
- Lobbying and campaigning to protect the ecology of the Ouse & Adur catchment
The Task Force objective is to maintain and improve the habitats of our river and its many tributaries. Not just for our satisfaction, but for the benefit of future generations, and of course the ecology of the river systems. Find information on our next series of task force events and how you can get involved.